As a Credit Risk Associate/VP in Real Estate Banking (REB), you are responsible for the underwriting and management of a portfolio of commercial real estate credits/relationships in a fast-paced, regulated environment. The Credit Risk Associate will also be involved in the loan closing and portfolio management process. Additionally, the Credit Risk Associate supports the preliminary underwriting of potential new deals by supporting the Approval to Pitch process. Candidates should have a good baseline knowledge of credit and lending with the expectation of developing these skills further while in this role. Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry and underwriting is a plus. Strong analytical and business writing skills are necessary. The role will have some customer contact so candidates should have solid communication skills.
Credit Risk Associates work closely with REB Coverage partners, Senior Credit Executives, Portfolio Management, Syndicated Finance, Treasury Services, and Commercial Real Estate Loan Administration (CRELA), therefore ideal candidates exhibits a strong interest in the sector, exceptional work ethic and attention to detail, as well as possess the following attributes:
- Champion a culture of collaboration and partnership to balance the needs of the client and the firm.
- Stay up to date with industry trends to identify, asses, and anticipate risks in the portfolio.
- Find ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation, while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies
- Embrace a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performing necessary credit analysis and due diligence on new loan opportunities including assisting in preparing Approval to Pitch Memos
- Working with Product Specialists and Client Associates to size and structure loans to mitigate risks
- Preparing Credit Approval Packages for approvals to Senior Credit Executives including final underwriting and risk rating recommendations.
- Working with loan administration and Product Specialists to facilitate loan closings
- Working with Portfolio Management to ensure credit worthiness of Borrowers/Guarantors/Sponsors and appropriate risk grades are assigned
- Ensuring compliance with established underwriting standards and guidelines, credit approval requirements, and other policies and procedures
- Communicating with clients on loan due diligence deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years in a similar banking or credit role, with exceeds level performance
- Ability to assess risks inherent in complex credit transactions, then mitigate and underwrite accordingly
- Accounting and finance knowledge, as well as knowledge of real estate fundamentals and concepts
- Outstanding professional reputation and integrity
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of real estate market dynamics and economic drivers
Click Here to Apply: https://jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/210339790/share/300024872050432?utm_medium=jobshare