Newport Beach, CA
About Bixby Land Company
Bixby Land Company is seeking an analyst to join their Real Estate Acquisitions Team.
Bixby Land Company is a privately held real estate investment trust that is a leading commercial real estate owner, operator, and investment manager with $1.3 billion of assets under management. Bixby owns and operates a portfolio of industrial and office properties throughout the United States that totals 9 million square feet. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Newport Beach, California. Additional information about the company can be found at www.bixbyland.com.
The analyst will be a key member of the Real Estate Acquisitions Team and will be responsible for underwriting and analyzing potential core, core-plus, and value-add investments. This role will also assist in deal execution across industrial and office property types throughout the Western and Southeastern United States.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in addition to at least 2-4 years of real estate experience preferably with office and/or industrial real estate experience.
- Underwriting – Work with the acquisitions team to ensure successful execution of investments and creation of specific business plans through due diligence, research, analysis, and strategizing. Perform research, and study market and financial data.
- Financial Modeling – Create, modify, and maintain complex financial models related to project acquisition, lease-up, operations, financing, and waterfalls. Perform ad hoc analyses including the preparation of sensitivity, scenario, and yield analyses.
- Analysis – Create investment proposals through the evaluation of market and financial data used to make critical investment valuations and decisions through underwriting and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, or accounting.
- At least 2-4 years of professional real estate experience working within an institutional real estate environment with office and industrial real estate experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel including the ability to independently apply formulas to develop and modify models for a variety of development projects with the applicable capital structures, project cash flows, and waterfall distributions.
- Highly proficient in real estate valuation software (i.e., Argus) with an in-depth knowledge of Argus Enterprise
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts such as NOI/Cash Flow returns, IRR, present value/discounted cash flow, and capital markets.
- The transaction, underwriting, and due diligence experience is preferred.
- Understanding of key agreements including leases, purchase/sale agreements, management/leasing agreements, partnership agreements, and loan documents.
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Healthcare benefits will be offered
- Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Company’s headquarters in Newport Beach
- Timing: Immediate
Bixby Land Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bixby Land Company does not discriminate for any reason based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General
Contact : For inquires, send your resume to Suki Swaroop, email@example.com