Starboard Realty Advisors (“Starboard”), headquartered in Irvine, California invests in and manages a portfolio of multifamily, retail centers, and net lease properties for its investors. Starboard actively seeks opportunities to invest in everything from ground up development to stabilized properties across the nation.
Position: Starboard is seeking a driven, analytical, and meticulous Asset Manager who will oversee multimillion dollar real estate investments. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the financials and accounting relating to real estate and preferably experience in regional property management. With the goal of maximizing investor’s return on each portfolio, the Asset Manager will diligently and critically review and analyze the performance of each asset type, proactively identify opportunity for improvement, and successfully execute solutions to achieve both short and long-term targets. By collaborating with every team member at Starboard, the Asset Manager will gain a wide range of knowledge and grow into a well-rounded expert in the real estate industry.
- Oversee a portfolio of multifamily, retail shopping centers, and land development/redevelopment and ensure property performance meets expected investor returns.
- Interact with property management, leasing, project management, tax consultants, investors, lenders, broker dealers, etc. to align property operations with the private placement memorandum (PPM).
- Determine growth opportunities through revenue producing and cost savings strategies within multifamily/retail markets across the nation.
- Execute in-depth analysis for retail leases, markets, returns, etc. for property specific projects.
- Research and develop improvements to day-to-day operations for the various properties.
- Review and prepare investor/lender communication, which includes monthly property performance reports, quarterly valuations, year-end reporting, annual budgets, and related communications with broker/dealers.
- Supervise and execute Lender and ownership capital reserve draws for the hold-period of each property.
- Review property financials, CAM reconciliations, and related material to ensure property financials are correctly recorded and identify variances that need to be corrected.
- Travel to properties across the United States on occasion for new acquisitions, ongoing projects, or operational reviews.
- Develop and track property analytical data in Excel, Yardi, and related real estate platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, a background in finance or accounting in the real estate industry strongly preferred
- Experience with a property management software preferred
- Analytical, critical thinking, exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
This is a full-time, in-office position.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Starboard Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org