Newport Beach, CA
Company and Role Overview:
A Southern California-based owner, operator, and developer of residential and commercial properties is seeking a Director to join their Investment management team.
Waterford Property Company is an owner-driven diversified real estate investment and development company whose Principals have an established track record in land development and entitlements as well as acquisitions and repositioning of commercial and multifamily properties. The company has collectively acquired or managed over $1.2 Billion in projects throughout California and Arizona. Waterford prides itself on its ability to plan/build/reposition unique real estate projects that meet or exceed the needs and desires of local stakeholders while maximizing the risk-adjusted returns for our investors.
The Director will be focused on all business lines within the Firm. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in addition to at least 3-5 years of experience preferably within an institutional real estate fund or an institutionally backed sponsor.
- Independently lead and prepare financial models, projections, and analyses on prospective property acquisition and development opportunities including market analysis, lease analysis, budget creation, project scope, and return on investment modeling.
- Produce deal evaluations for internal review and participate with principals in meetings to consider potential acquisition and development opportunities with minimal oversight.
- Lead the preparation of acquisition proposals and offer letters.
- Research market data/demographics including interfacing with brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information as well as debt capital market insights.
- Produce marketing materials and presentations to current and prospective institutional investors and lenders.
- Lead due diligence and closing activities.
- Assist in formulating deal structures taking into account legal, financial, real estate, and investor/capital aspects of the transaction.
- Lead preparation of internal and external presentations.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, or accounting.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience working within an institutional real estate fund or an institutionally backed sponsor is preferred with a demonstrated deal sheet across property types and geographic regions. Ground-up development experience a must.
Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models for real estate financial analysis using Excel and Argus, including knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to create joint venture waterfalls. Excellent writing skills and investment memorandum preparation.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. Demonstrable understanding of financial statements, use of comparative data and financial forecasting is required.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time including travel on an as-need basis. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment. Integrity and collaboration are key.
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Healthcare benefits will be offered
- Hours: M-F 8am to 5pm
- Location: Work will take place mostly from our Newport Beach office but with the ability to work from home when needed
- Timing: Immediate
Waterford Property Partners is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Waterford Property Partners does not discriminate for any reason on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : General
Contact : For Inquires, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org