Job Description: Financial Analyst
CapRock Partners is seeking a financial analyst that will assist the Acquisitions Team in underwriting potential new acquisitions for both value-add investments and large-scale logistics developments. The financial analyst would report directly to the Senior Analyst. In addition, this Analyst will interact directly with the Asset Management Team and the Development Team thereby getting a broad exposure to all aspects of industrial projects. This is a great opportunity to join a highly respected firm with an incredible culture centered around ethics, collaboration, a collegial environment and work/life balance. The Analyst will have direct interaction with senior management, including the President and CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Acquisition Team in underwriting potential acquisitions for both for both value-add investments and development opportunities primarily in California, Arizona, and Nevada as well as the Pacific Northwest and Utah.
- Developing proformas that will include the underwriting of assumptions for income, expense and development costs.
- Collaborating on comprehensive investment committee memos.
- Preparing lender packages and interacting with financial intermediaries on portfolio investments.
- Working with industrial real estate brokers and the Acquisitions Team to determine various assumptions including, but not limited to, overall market information, competition, lease rates, absorption figures, cap rates, etc.
- Interfacing with the Asset Management Team on existing assets to re-forecast returns with various lease assumptions and actual month income and expense amounts. This includes variance reports against the investment committee pro forma and working with the Asset Management Team or Development Team on any discrepancies.
- Occasionally review leases and other pertinent documentation to ascertain financial information within said documentation.
Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years of experience as an analyst in the commercial real estate industry, preferably with exposure to industrial assets.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- Excellent quantitative skills using Excel and Argus with an ability to perform waterfall modeling (there is a modeling test). Argus certification preferred.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing business environment.
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills willing to engage with team members.
Who are we?
CapRock is one of the leading industrial investors and developers in the Western United States. We specialize in acquiring middle-market value-add industrial properties, generally between $20M-$50M per acquisition and large-scale Class A logistics developments in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Since 2009, we have acquired, developed, or have in our pipeline more than 20,000,000 square feet of industrial real estate.
What do we do?
Do you have a fun, fast-paced, creative problem-solving, get-it-done mindset of an entrepreneur? Do you take pride in your work striving for the highest levels of quality and excellence, but don’t take yourself too seriously? If so, you'll love being on our team. Our goal as a company is to provide our investors institutional quality with an entrepreneurial spirit. That goal extends to our finance and accounting team as we strive to deliver best-in-class high-quality reporting and analysis for investors, external counterparties, regulators, and management decision making. Our team works with the Company’s teams as a business partner rather than a back-office function.
What do we value?
We take our values seriously, do these values inspire you? If so, you’ll love working here:
· PEOPLE before projects
· Strive for EXCELLENCE
· FIDUCIARY responsibility is a sacred trust
· INTEGRITY always
· BLESSED to be a blessing
· Industrial real estate is a TEAM SPORT
· NO is not an answer
Terms/Expected Hours of Work
· 40 hours per week during standard business hours Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00.
· CapRock values it employees and its culture. We foster team mentality by working closely and collaborating across departments. It is through our in-person workplace and culture that we can effectively collaborate and have continued success. For this reason, our expectation is for employees to work from a CapRock office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by CapRock Policy.
· Highly competitive base salary
· Yearly bonuses on the overall success of the company and additionally your individual contributions
· An Impressive, 100% employer-paid medical PPO, dental, and vision coverage for employee and eligible dependents
· 15 days PTO
· 10 paid holidays
· A fun, collaborative, and team-based environment
· Quarterly birthday lunches and other department and company-wide team bonding events
· An abundance of snacks, fruit, coffee, and tea all day every day!
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Finance
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org