The Portfolio Assistant assists the Manager(s) in the day to day management of all aspects of operations for the assigned portfolio, in accordance with the goals and objectives of the individual Clients. Depending upon the composition of the Property Management Team, the Portfolio Assistant may perform some of the duties of the Administrative Assistant.
- Partner with Manager(s) and leasing team members to ensure that all vacant space is in “market ready” condition
- As directed by Manager(s), read new lease and prepare lease abstract
Financial and Reporting:
- Review annual CAM reconciliations as assigned by Manager(s)
- Report findings/recommendations to Manager(s)
- Assist Manager(s) with annual budgeting process, to include re-bid of service contracts as directed by Manager(s)
- Review monthly operating statements and drafts monthly owner operating report for final review and approval by Manager(s)
- As assigned by Manager(s), respond to and resolve tenant concerns
- As directed by Manager(s), meet with tenants as required to ensure that tenant needs are met, and that high quality property management service is achieved
- As directed by Manager(s), perform weekly and/or monthly physical property inspections and report findings to Manager(s)
- Follow through on any needed repairs or maintenance as directed by Manager(s)
- Prepare vendor contracts for Manager(s) review and approval
- As assigned by Manager(s), interface with property vendors and contractors to ensure prompt response to maintenance issues
- Ensure on-going contracted vendor services are performed on schedule, and that services meet contract specifications
- As directed by Manager(s), review specifications and makes recommendations to Manager(s) for necessary changes or updates
- Request and review bids from contracted service providers; make recommendations to Manager(s)
- As directed by Manager(s), partner with Building Engineers or contracted maintenance staff to schedule repairs and work orders
Tenant and Owner Relations:
- Maintain courteous, service-oriented rapport with tenants and owners
- Promote and foster confident, comfortable relationships with tenants and owners
- As directed by Manager(s), oversee tenant move in and move out process
- As directed by Manager(s), Conduct move in and move out walk throughs with tenant
- Conduct new tenant orientation
- As directed by Manager(s), make collection calls to delinquent tenants
Tenant Improvement Construction:
- As directed by Manager(s), conduct walk throughs, with contractor and tenant during construction process
- Attend construction meeting; take meeting minutes
- Maintain construction files
Skills and Ability:
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners
- Professional communication etiquette with good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to speak, write and understand English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interface with prospective tenants, owners, employees and management
- Demonstrated initiative and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the budgeting process
- Demonstrated understanding of lease documents and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to recognize high quality maintenance work
- Demonstrated ability to draft quality, well written letters, reports and memos
Education/Education: High School Degree or Equivalent
Required Knowledge: PC literate (Internet, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite) Strong Excel skills
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5+ years property management experience
Kidder Mathews will accommodate candidates with disabilities to complete this application. Please contact email@example.com if you need an accommodation.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org