Job Description – Property Coordinator
Who are we?
CapRock is one of the leading industrial investors and developers in the Western United States. We specialize in acquiring middle-market value-add industrial properties, generally between $20M-$50M per acquisition and large-scale Class A logistics developments in California, Arizona, Texas, and Nevada. Since 2009, we have acquired, developed, or have in our pipeline more than 30,000,000 square feet of industrial real estate.
What do we do?
Do you have a fun, fast-paced, creative problem-solving, get-it-done mindset of an entrepreneur? Do you take pride in your work striving for the highest levels of quality and excellence, but don’t take yourself too seriously? If so, you'll love being on our team. Our goal as a company is to provide our investors with institutional quality with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What do we value?
We take our values seriously, do these values inspire you? If so, you’ll love working here:
• PEOPLE before projects
• Strive for EXCELLENCE
• FIDUCIARY responsibility is a sacred trust
• INTEGRITY always
• BLESSED to be a blessing
• Industrial real estate is a TEAM SPORT
• NO is not an answer
Assist in management and oversight of day-to-day operations of an industrial portfolio while maintaining and improving the underlying performance of each asset, achieving Company goals, and addressing tenant questions and concerns.
What you'll do:
• Serve as the primary coordinator between team members by facilitating and communicating their individual, group and companywide activities.
• Assist Property Management in promoting, establishing, and maintaining positive relations with the tenants and with the day-to-day operations of the property including lease administration, property maintenance, accounting, leasing, operations, and establishing standard operating procedures.
• Procure, maintain, and track tenant and vendor insurance certificates to ensure 100% compliance.
• Provide support to the management team by producing, modifying and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, service contracts and maintenance proposals.
• Coordinate site visits with vendors, tenants, and the team. Follow up with tenants and vendors to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate landlord maintenance obligations per the annual business plan.
• Perform property inspections on an as needed basis for vacant units, common areas, and utility meter readings.
• Solicit proposals from vendors, evaluating pricing and scope prior to review.
• Ensure rents are collected and appropriately processed in a timely manner while providing weekly updates to the management team.
• Process accounts payable by reviewing invoices and coding per the business plan using Yardi Voyager.
• Draft service contracts and route for review and signature.
• Ensure invoices are submitted timely to accounting for payment with a focus on utilities.
• Oversee tenant chargebacks for utilities and services and ensure the landlord is reimbursed within 60 days of payout.
• Reconcile and resolve past due tenant and vendor balances or credits while providing updates to the property manager as needed.
• Ensure tenant repair and maintenance requests are timely and professionally responded to and managed, with an emphasis on quality and cost-efficiency.
• Efficiently transfer utility accounts upon tenants moving in and moving out, acquisitions and dispositions.
• Ensure all electronic and hard files for the properties are organized and updated.
• Ensure vendors are set up in Yardi, in compliance with company standards, and ready for payments to be processed.
• Have a broad understanding of lease agreements.
• Assist as needed in special projects as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• High School diploma or Associates degree and office experience required.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Possess excellent organization, focus, and prioritization skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to provide exceptional customer experience and have the ability to communicate effectively with both local and corporate contacts.
• Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of building systems (HVAC, Fire Sprinkler, Plumbing, Electrical, Roof).
• Basic knowledge of rent collection and billing.
• Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
• Resourceful in gathering data and finding solutions to achieve goals for projects assigned.
• Be able to work both independently as well as collaboratively.
• Possess skills in problem-solving, creativity, and resourcefulness necessary to resolve basic property operating issues.
• Willingness to take on new initiatives with positivity.
• Demonstrate strong initiative and be proactive.
• Proficiency in basic math, financial calculations, and general business concepts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written and electronic materials with an emphasis on a high level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work indoors approximately 90% of the time and outdoors 10% of the time with travel from
time to time.
• Use olfactory, auditory, and visual senses to inspect the building and detect items of concern
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
• Though occurrences are rare, be accessible 24 hours a day in case of an emergency and perform on-site operations management during emergencies.
• Work overtime as needed to meet company deadlines.
• Highly competitive base salary.
• Annual discretionary bonus based on the overall success of the company and your individual contributions.
• An Impressive, 100% employer-paid medical PPO, dental, and vision coverage for employee and eligible dependents.
•3 weeks (15 days) PTO/Sick Time.
• 10 paid holidays.
• A fun, collaborative, and team-based environment.
• Quarterly birthday lunches and other department and company-wide team bonding events.
•An abundance of snacks, fruit, coffee, and tea all day every day!
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Contact : Susie Allen; email@example.com