The Property Tax Senior Consultant ("Senior Consultant") works with a team to identify property tax savings opportunities for clients and possesses an intermediate understanding of valuation techniques. This includes conducting research, analyzing and interpreting comparable assessment data, market data and sales transactions. The Senior Consultant assists the team with assessment review and monitoring the appeal process for client portfolios. The Senior Consultant is responsible for creating positive team member experiences, which lead to excellent client service and drive revenue and profit for the Firm.
The ideal candidate with have analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be effective in researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key Results:
- Demonstrates full understanding of the annual property tax cycle for assigned real property portfolios.
- Builds awareness/understanding of jurisdictional rules and filing requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to collect, review and fully understand client-provided data.
- Inspects properties and prepares appropriate reports deemed necessary by management.
- Analyzes assessment notices and determines potential assessment reductions.
- Applies software knowledge to efficiently work with client data.
- Possesses knowledge in assessment review, appeal determination, tax bill administration and the three valuation approaches; cost, sales comparison and income. Additionally, possesses knowledge of assessment equalization methodology that may apply in certain states.
- Handles appeals and monitors appeals process.
- Attends client status calls and meetings and provides supporting data and findings for leadership team.
- Works effectively with clients by taking an interest in the client’s industry and inquiring about trends and processes to gain a full understanding of their core business.
- Participates in recruiting efforts.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Real Estate, Business Management, Public Administration, MIS/Entrepreneurship, International Business or other degree with MBA, MST or JD.
- Candidates with appropriate valuation designations preferred.
- One to three years audit or tax related experience.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting or standing while working.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 30 to 40%.
· For California based candidates in some locations, the range is $93,150.00-$113,850.00.
· For California based candidates near Oakland, CA and San Jose, CA the range is $101,250.00-$123,750.00.
Link to Job Posting: https://ryan.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/RyanCareers/job/Glendale-CA/Senior-Consultant--Property-Tax-Commercial_R0012116
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative
Contact : Rebecca.Kotch@ryan.com