Senior Property Accountant
Senior Property Accountant
Job Description – Senior Accountant, Properties
Who Are We?
CapRock is one of the leading industrial investors and developers in the Western United States. We specialize in acquiring middle‐ market value‐add industrial properties, generally between $20M‐$50M per acquisition and large‐scale Class A logistics developments in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Since 2009, we have acquired, developed, or have in our pipeline more than 25,000,000 square feet of industrial real estate.
What Do We Do?
Do you have a fun, fast‐paced, creative problem‐solving, get‐it‐done mindset of an entrepreneur? Do you take pride in your work striving for the highest levels of quality and excellence, but don’t take yourself too seriously? If so, you'll love being on our team. Our goal as a company is to provide our investors institutional quality with an entrepreneurial spirit. That goal extends to our finance and accounting team as we strive to deliver best‐in‐class high‐quality reporting and analysis for investors, external counterparties, regulators, and management decision making. Our team works with the Company’s teams as a business partner rather than a back‐ office function.
What Do We Value?
We take our values seriously, do these values inspire you? If so, you’ll love working here:
- PEOPLE before projects
- Strive for EXCELLENCE
- FIDUCIARY responsibility is a sacred trust
- INTEGRITY always
- BLESSED to be a blessing
- Industrial real estate is a TEAM SPORT
- NO is not an answer
As a Senior Accountant, Property Accounting, you are responsible for end-to-end reporting and analysis for a group of operating properties. This includes investor reporting (when applicable), internal management reporting and analysis, and lender reporting. You will work with the Company’s external consultants to maintain tax compliance and complete the annual audit. You will be responsible for additional ad hoc reporting and analysis, e.g. cash management and liquidity analysis, revenue forecasting, forecast to actuals analysis, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial packages for a group of properties
- Prepare reports for joint ventures using property data
- Review financials submitted by other accountants
- Track cash balances across several accounts
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations
- Reconcile GL and tenant accounts as needed
- Approve and monitor payables for several operating properties
- Calculate fees I.e. property management, construction management, or asset management
- Track various construction projects on operating properties (eg tenant improvements and renovations)
- Prepare loan draws for operating propertiesProvide excellent customer service to external and internal teams.
- Special project requests (related to operating property matters) as needed.
What Do You Need to Succeed?
- 2‐5 yrs of real estate accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Mastery of Yardi general ledger accounting software including the Advanced Budgeting & Forecasting module
- Strong analytical and critical‐thinking skills
- Experience in the real estate industry
Terms/Expected Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week during standard business hours Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00.
- CapRock values it employees and its culture. We foster team mentality by working closely and collaborating across departments. It is through our in-person workplace and culture that we can effectively collaborate and have continued success. For this reason, our expectation is for employees to work from a CapRock office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by CapRock Policy.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Yearly bonuses on the overall success of the company and additionally your individual contributions
- An Impressive, 100% employer-paid medical PPO, dental, and vision coverage for employee and eligible dependents
- 15 days PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- A fun, collaborative, and team-based environment
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Contact : Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org