Staff Accountant ll
Staff Accountant ll
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over a $13 Billion industrial real estate portfolio throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Cement your place among a team of entrepreneurs and innovators and join the best talent in the industry.
We’re looking for a qualified Staff Accountant II to play a crucial supporting role within the Accounting Department. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting duties of a portfolio of industrial real estate properties. This will include maintaining the general ledger, reviewing and approving AP vendor invoices, accruing expenses, bank reconciliations and conducting month-end close procedures.
The most successful people will have previous experience working in property accounting, be able to work with minimal supervision, and have strong analytical skills. This role will report directly to an Accounting Manager and indirectly to the VP, Operations Controller. They will work in an integrated and collaborative manner with members of the Accounting and Property Management Departments.
Staff Accountant II Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly property management accounting duties on a timely basis. Such accounting duties include, but are not limited to, review and reconciliation of monthly property financials, proper posting of accruals and adjusting journal entries.
- Reconcile monthly bank reconciliations.
- Produce monthly flux analysis for income statement and balance sheet for their assigned property group
- Interface and coordinate with property managers and other in-house personnel to facilitate the property management process. Examples would include, but are not limited to, stop payments on outstanding checks, processing tenant bill backs, etc.
- Assistance in providing quarter-end and year-end audit and tax packages.
- Interface and coordinate with corporate accounting to assist in accurate internal accounting and corporate budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepared to accept monthly ad hoc projects, which may include, but are not limited to, straight line rent, property tax reconciliations, property insurance reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, etc.
Staff Accountant II Qualifications:
- 2+ years of accrual accounting experience; preferably in real estate/property management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Strong time management
- Team player
- Yardi experience preferred but not required
- Must be located in Southern California
Rexford Industrials' reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, unlimited PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
Non-vaccinated employees and guests may enter Rexford offices and properties and attend In-Person Activities after a negative FDA approved COVID-19 test, taken the day of the activity. Vaccination exemption requests for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons will be reviewed and considered in compliance with all laws. Any such requests should be made to our HR department, and applicants who qualify for an exemption and reasonable accommodation will receive all legally appropriate consideration for this position.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Contact : Drake Van Ness: firstname.lastname@example.org | 310.855.3925