SVP, Investment Officer
SVP, Investment Officer
Click Here to Apply!
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, with over 1 billion square feet in 19 countries, over $200B of gross AUM. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create a competitive advantage. As a top ranked U.S. company among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
SVP, Investment Officer
SVP, Investment Officer – Southern California
Do you want to play a key role in the world’s largest industrial REIT?
As SVP, Investment Officer within our West Region, you will drive the strategic vision, execution and outcomes of all capital deployment activities within the broader Southern California markets. You will manage a high performing team that will originate and execute on new investment opportunities in the logistics space including acquisitions, developments, redevelopments, portfolios and corporate M&A support. You will play a key role, not only growing Prologis’ presence in these critical gateway markets, but also aligning with cross regional leadership to create cohesive communication, management and strategy throughout our global network. You will collaborate daily with not only your direct team, but also with colleagues in construction, operations, entitlements, legal, property management and customer teams as well as West Region Senior Leadership to accelerate the growth of our business with market leading returns. Having a background setting investment strategy and leading teams responsible for origination, underwriting and execution of industrial property acquisitions and developments is critical for success. This role will be based in Los Angeles, with a focus on the Los Angeles and Orange County submarkets.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Identify, shape and present new investment opportunities to the West Region Head of Capital Deployment and Senior Leadership as well as Prologis Investment Committee.
- Lead, mentor, develop and partner with an established deployment team already in place. Leadership and team centricity are vital to success in this role.
- Leverage professional relationships and develop new strategic contacts to generate business opportunities with potential real estate partners, private sellers, brokers, investment bankers, owners, developers and consultants.
- Identify, anticipate, communicate and capitalize on trends to bring industry leading returns to Prologis.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of all of the company’s assets, strategy, underwriting criteria, processes and systems.
- Lead complex entitlement and zoning projects focused on site plan design, entitlement and land use within local municipalities for both existing high profile development projects and new opportunities.
- Significant expertise and business acumen in real estate investment.
- Forge and maintain deep Customer relationships which will help uncover BTS opportunities in collaboration with Prologis’ Customer Led Development Group.
Tell us if you’re ready
- A minimum 12+ years track record of acquiring and developing commercial real estate with a focus on industrial properties.
- Experience with team management and leadership is an important criteria.
- Broad industry experience in acquisitions, entitlements, CEQA and rezoning process, project management, leasing and development, ideally with minimum 5+ years covering markets in California.
- Proven track record of sponsoring industrial acquisitions and taking them from cradle to grave with a solid performance history of value creation.
- Strong background in underwriting acquisitions deals including value add opportunities; experience working with environmentally challenged properties is an asset.
- In depth understanding of financial acquisition, underwriting and development pro forma modeling, general construction process and pricing, redevelopment and entitlement processing.
- Background in negotiating PSAs, leases, development agreements and reporting on project performance.
- Travel expectation of 40-60%.
Hiring Salary Range of: $250,000 - $285,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target & LTI) to be determined by the candidate’s location, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Los Angeles, California
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, all employees must have at least one vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Finance
Contact : Chris Ferguson | email@example.com