Accounting Intern - Undergraduate Junior
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Job Purpose (Job Summary): Intern role performing asset and portfolio level accounting for client real estate and private equity investments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develops, maintains and updates accounting records for client assets.
- Assists and/or prepares financial statements, client reporting information, consultant reports and other financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supports Senior Accountants, Asst. Controllers, and Controller with the external audit of their respective properties and/or portfolios as appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages the general accounting function concerning the accuracy and maintenance of the ledger accounts and resulting property financial statements.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains a working relationship with portfolio and asset managers as a part of the portfolio team.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with third party property management accountants.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly distribution notices to clients and calculates advisory fees.
- Reconciles client working capital and tax and insurance escrow accounts monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals internally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible
Formal Education: Working toward undergraduate degree in Business Administration (Accounting preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in process; graduating December 2024- May 2025
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.. Invesco will not offer any type of immigration sponsorship for this program. Invesco will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
- Relocation and housing will not be included if an offer is extended.
Full Time / Part Time:
Student/Intern (Fixed Term)
Job Exempt (Yes / No):
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Job Type : Internship
Experience Level : Entry Level
Contact : Chris Presley; Chris.Presley@invesco.com